Que hice el miércoles

Yesterday started with us meeting in Sala Hancko; we then immediately left for our walking tour to the famous avenue de Mayo. Eugenia prepared a scavenger hunt for us to do by finding specific buildings based on clues. We then would record the name, address, and other opinions on the structures. (¡Señora ganó!) After the tour, we went back to Colegio del Salvador to have lunch. I then went to Cuba, a gym, with Valentin and a few of his friends. It was super fun to workout, as I hadn’t done so in a while, and compete with everyone about how much weight we could lift. We then went home to rest, before returning to school at 6pm. From there, we took a bus to a homeless shelter, where we helped people in need by serving them food and having conversations with them. At first, I was not open to the experience, thinking it would just be something I had to sit through and not get much out of. However, I was proven wrong. I was moved by the people's stories; realizing that the hardships that they went through were not frustrating them but rather motivating them to take advantage of any positive experience that they’ve got. Finally, me and Valentin went home to have a family dinner that was extra special because his family had a guest. We ate the most delicious empanadas, followed by ice cream that was some of the best I had tasted. By the time I actually got to sleep, it was about 12:30.








Que hice el Jueves

I awoke today completely exhausted, burnt out from the activities of yesterday. I groggily went about my morning, walking to school and meeting with the exchange group in Sala Hancko to prepare for our activity of the day: a graffiti tour. This tour was in Palermo, so we took the train from the subway station closest to the school for about 4-5 stops until we arrived. There, we were then greeted by our tour guide, Vito, who made it his mission to enlighten us on the importance of graffiti and all of the different examples that were portrayed throughout the city. Many of these murals included depictions of specific moments in soccer, for example Martinez saving the last minute shot from Randal Kolo Muani to put Argentina into penalties in the World Cup, or Messi brandishing the FIFA World Cup Trophy in triumph after Argentina’s victory. After the tour, we got lunch in Palermo, and I ordered a burger that was quite scrumptious. Upon our return to Colegio del Salvador, we were prompted with the task of watching 4th graders present information about Argentina to us. Christian and I went to a class of kids that were so energetic, but also so youthful and full of joy. It was inspiring to watch these kids present parts of their Argentinian culture in English; it made me wish I had started learning Spanish at such a young age like them. When the presentations finished, we played around with an American football and some soccer balls, dumbfounded by the excitement these kids had to see us and play around. At the end, the kids gave us some classic Argentinian sweets and deserts, which were different but also tasty. From there, I walked home with Valentin and some of his other friends and immediately fell asleep around 4pm.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Boca, Recoleta y Tango

Classes and the River Stadium